Portion-Control Tricks for Weight-Loss
Individuals tend to neglect the importance of portion-control. It’s imperative to get the right amount of servings, and follow standardized recipes exactly so you know the amount of calories you are consuming.
If you are trying to lose weight, learning about portion-control should be one of your first steps. You can estimate your portions using a measuring cup, portion control plates or a scale. However, things may become difficult when you are eating out. It’s important to maintain the same mindset and learn what correct servings look like.
Incorrect portions can result in obesity and food waste. Don’t let the stresses of everyday life steer you away from making the right food choices.
Here are some Portion-Control Tricks for Weight-Loss.
1. Eating out- Share a meal with a friend, or eat half of your meal and bring the other half home. Always ask for your dressing on the side.
2. Plan your meals ahead of time- Write down your meals for the week and prepare them ahead of time.
3. Don’t skip meals- Skipping meals is harmful to your body. You will end up hungrier, which in turn will lead to overeating. Try eating a minimum of three times a day and adding some snacks in between.
4. Don’t place serving bowls on the table- How will you ever control the amount of food you consume when you are staring at a full bowl of food in front of you at the table? Keep the serving bowls on the kitchen counter and the pots on the stove. This way, you are not tempted to dig in for some more.
5. Measure and weigh your food- measuring and weighing your food is a great way to control your portions. Read the nutrition labels on your food and measure out one serving. This way you avoid overeating.
6. Use simple substitutions- Purchase lower-fat ingredients to control the calories you consume during your meal.
7. Use portion control plates- Yes, there are actually plates that are embedded with lines to separate your foods and portions.
Edisons Smart Fitness
Gym, Health Club, Fitness Center
North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Little River